Friday, January 27, 2012

Turning 27


Last weekend, R's parents made a special meal for my birthday. Chicken & Dumplings and a Queen of Sheba cake. Don't let its modest appearance deceive you. This cake was the richest dessert I've ever eaten. Instead of flour, the recipe called for pulverized almonds. Oh, and it used a full pound of chocolate. Yeah.

We also had reason to celebrate because this week marks three years since Roland and I met. Our first date was the day before my 24th birthday, and our second date was on my birthday itself (I sure am glad he didn't wait to call me).


In a futile effort to work off some of the celebratory calories, Roland decided to take his old skateboard for a whirl after dinner. He was quite the skater in middle school, and he can still do all sorts of ollies and oodles and other fancy tricks.


Never having tried it before, I asked Roland to give me a quick lesson in Skateboarding 101. He tried valiantly, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. He ended up just holding me steady while dragging me along the sidewalk. I'm afraid I won't be headed to the X-Games anytime soon.




1 comment:

  1. R looks like a pro. You on the other hand... well even though R is holding you, I think you should be wearing a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads. I think there are still Barbie themed ones at home. Want me to check?

    P.S. You two are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete