Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ice Skating in August

Last night, Rosemary, Ben, Roland and I went ice skating at the Dr. Pepper arena in Plano. I hadn’t been ice skating in 13 years (when the end result was an electric purple cast), but luckily this time there were no 6th grade bullies to push me down. Still, I don’t think ice skating will ever be my thing. I hate the feeling you get in the winter when your shoe slips on slippery pavement in the parking lot, and for a split second you’re certain you’re about to fall. Ice skating is that same feeling, but it lasts for an hour and a half.

Roland, on the other hand, proved to be a champion skater. Look at him racing so fast he’s just a blur!

After a few rounds of dragging myself along the perimeter wall and waving my arms frantically to keep upright, I unsnapped my skates and watched from the stands. I’m glad Roland had such a good time, though!


1 comment:

  1. This is Becca:

    I'm glad Roland had such a fun time! He looks pro.

    I sympathize with you, though, on the skating. I may not have been on the ice in years, but I've been roller skating and it's the same thing but with polar-opposite temperatures.

    My problem is that I don't know how to brake, so I have to run into walls and angry people, or fall over if I want to stop.

    Good to hear that no sixth graders bullied you this time, though I would've watched out for that girl in pink in the first photograph.

    ReplyDelete