Monday, June 25, 2012

And the award for most over-dramatic WSJ columnist goes to...

“This is a car designed to get you from Point A to Point B, cheaply and efficiently. I suggest Point B have a gurney waiting because you’ll arrive bored into insanity.”
-Dan Neil, WSJ auto columnist, reviewing the new Toyota Prius c
I have to admit: at first I was skeptical of R's gifted WSJ subscription, but now I'm kind of addicted to reading this guy's weekly hyperbole. I never realized that my car was supposed to entertain me in addition to propelling me safely to my destinations at 40mph. I get that some cars are snazzier than others, but really. Bored into insanity? Another choice phrase from this article:

“…what a starved, oppressively dull piece of motorized martyrdom it is.”

Oh! And my favorite -

“The c’s powertrain programming so despises sharp spikes in throttle demand that it often simply ignores them. Overwintering bears are easier to rouse.”

Ugh, excuse me. I need to go drive my dumb $20K incredibly sophisticated machine that takes me everywhere I need to go whenever I want. SO BORING.

No comments:

Post a Comment